- Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
- Department/Shift: Materials/Days
- Start Date: Immediate
The Warehouse Associate reports to the Warehouse Supervisor. Ensures shipments are delivered on time and that product and material being received is inspected and stored in the appropriate area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, customs forms, and other shipping documents manually or by computer.
- Assemble containers and crates, record contents manually or in computer system, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Pack goods to be shipped.
- Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
- Participate in continuous improvements efforts based on feedback from key performance indicators.
- Work in compliance with Health & Safety regulations and ensure team members are following policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Required: OSSD or equivalent.
Work Experience Requirements:
Work Experience Required:
- Must have one (1) – two (2) years’ experience in a same/similar role preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Job Related Experience Required:
- Must have lift truck experience.
- Experience in Receiving; labelling, timely parts delivery to production floor.
- Experience in pulling parts; packing, and shipment paperwork.
- Knowledge of cross border shipping requirements
- Effective verbal and written communications; concise report development; current office computer knowledge
Equipment: Standard office equipment
Software: Microsoft programs, Internet
- Various environments including office, production areas.
- Typical Warehouse environment
- Normal exposure to noise
- PPE required at all times.
Interested Candidates should apply directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity