Position: Transmission Assembler Level 1
Reports To: Supervisor / Lead Hand
Job Class: 1
Assembly of various components of gearboxes and gearboxes themselves.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
• Is required to work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations
• Complete machine / work center daily check
• Gathering/handling/inspection of fragile precision components
• Washing of fragile precision components
• Precise assembly of components as per the instructions
• Operate Andon lights as per instructions and escalation procedure
• Performs Quality check as instructed
• Identify nonconformance’s and follow proper reporting procedures
• Complete in process checks as instructed
• Correctly Logs labor posting time and quantities daily
• Maintain clean work area following 5S guidelines
• All other duties as assigned
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong mechanical aptitude;
• Good math skills;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Good attendance record;
• Positive attitude;
• Team oriented.
• Ability to work as per Supervisor / Lead hand instructions
OSSD or equivalent, as per Training Matrix ODG
Work Experience Requirements:
6 months manufacturing environment, as per Training Matrix ODG
Equipment: Hand tools, air tools, sensitive noise measuring equipment, leak tester and gear roll checker.
Software: Computer skills and Microsoft programs an asset as per Training Matrix ODG
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Bending from floor to waist;
• Reach/stretch below shoulder;
• Lift/carry below shoulder;
• Push/pull below shoulder.
• Manufacturing environment
Interested candidates should apply directly to HR@odg.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity
"*" indicates required fields