- Reports To: Quality Assurance – Team Lead
- Shift: Days (1)
Responsible for performing precision inspection measurements on a variety of mechanical parts, components and assemblies in order to verify that drawing requirements are met.
- Verify that parts meet the dimensional requirements as defined on drawings, purchase orders and other documents.
- Perform first article inspections, in-process inspections and final inspections.
- Enter inspection results into computer records and paper records!
- Review supplier certification documents to confirm they are complete and correct.
- Apply documented Quality Assurance procedures and instructions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Interpret mechanical drawings including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Use hand measurement tools such as gauge blocks, micrometers, calipers, bore gauges and height gauges to verify parts.
- Use automated measurement tools such as CMM’s, analytical gear checkers, shaft checkers and vision systems to verify parts.
- Interpret gear geometry tables and gear inspection charts.
- Ability to perform PPAP layouts.
- Compute unspecified angles, radii, and other dimensions using shop mathematics, basic geometry and trigonometry functions.
- Ability to guide machining personnel in understanding and performing simple inspection measurements.
- Verification of materials for workmanship and material properties.
- Familiarity with Syspro and UniPoint software tools
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (OSSD)
- College Certificate or Diploma preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of hands-on part measurement or inspection experience.
- Three (3) years of mechanical inspection experience is preferred.
- Experience in metal machining is preferred.
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity