Ontario Drive & Gear Limited
Founded in 1962, Ontario Drive & Gear Limited operates from a 105,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in New Hamburg, Ontario. ODG has established the ARGO as a world leader in amphibious vehicles and its industrial division has built a solid reputation for the design and manufacture of quality gears and transmissions. To satisfy the growing demand for its products and innovative developments, ODG has aligned its business strength in two divisions: the Vehicle Division and the Gear Division.
ODG Gear Division’s commitment to high quality industrial products is backed by the latest gear manufacturing technology and a team of professionals dedicated to excellence in customer satisfaction. The Gear Division operates in a state-of-the-art environment designing and producing small to medium volume gears and transmissions to our customers’ specifications. ODG’s capabilities include the latest in CNC Gear Cutting, CNC machining, Gear Shaving, Broaching and Key-Seating.
The purpose of this job is to assist the Business Development Manager and Program Management Group in the successful acquisition, launch, and development of new products with a focus on customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and profitability.
- • Manage the entire project implementation lifecycle of new product launch initiatives
• Integrate and lead functional organization areas in planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing projects successfully
• Communicate project key performance indicators of on-time delivery, cost, and quality to Business Development Manager, Program Manager, and other key internal stakeholders
• Direct and mange project work with a focus on scope, customer agreements, industry regulations, quality performance, and internal processes and procedures
• Proactively plan risk management strategies, monitor risks, and implement responses
• Assist in administering quotations from new and existing customers
• Perform product estimates by understanding customer requirements and creating process plans including resource and procurement costs
• Assist in developing and executing strategies to promote profitable Company sales growth
• Identify key areas of opportunity by reviewing customers, competitors, and trends
• Always represent ODG in a positive and professional manner
• Read, understand, and comply with all Company policies and procedures
• Maintain proper condition of all Company property within your possession
• Attend company sales meetings, product exhibitions, district sales meetings and training workshops, and participate in these events as requested/required
• Maintain sales bids, customer quotes, contract expiry dates, and customer bids
• Maintain all required reporting forms; submit within the required period to the appropriate person
• Communicate with and utilize all internal support systems, people and technology to support the company and the customers (e.g. voice mail messages are picked up and returned promptly, develop an effective relationship with key personnel, use of email, etc.)
• Ensure health and safety and Ontario Drive & Gear policies are adhered to
• Participate in regular meetings with the Team; participate in various interdepartmental meetings
• Any other duties as assigned
- Education required: Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Engineering or related program (or equivalent industry related experience)
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred: Project Management certification is an asset
Equipment: Standard office equipment (computer, printer, telephone, photocopier)
Software: Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Other: Project Management Software (MS Project, Smartsheet, or similar) is an asset
Work Experience Requirements:
Work experience required: minimum of three (3) years or equivalent
Job related experience required: Minimum of two years experience in project or product management in the manufacturing industry; specific gear/transmission experience is an asset
Job Related Experience Required:
- Cost accounting, contracts, project management
- Project engineering, estimating, scheduling, procurement, negotiating.
- Solid understanding of related mechanical systems and gear manufacturing
- Read and understand CAD drawings and blueprint reading.
- Profitability analysis [at a product level]
- Ability to create meaningful KPI’s.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Various environments including office, production areas.
- Normal office environment
- Minimal exposure to oil fumes in shop
- Ability to travel will be required.
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.