Reports To: Director – Program Management
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited
Founded in 1962, Ontario Drive & Gear Limited operates from a 105,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in New Hamburg, Ontario.
ODG has established the ARGO as a world leader in amphibious vehicles and its industrial division has built a solid reputation for the design and manufacture of quality gears and transmissions. To satisfy the growing demand for its products and innovative developments, ODG has aligned its business strength in two divisions: the Vehicle Division and the Gear Division.
ODG Gear Division’s commitment to high quality industrial products is backed by the latest gear manufacturing technology and a team of professionals dedicated to excellence in customer satisfaction. The Gear Division operates in a state-of-the-art environment designing and producing small to medium volume gears and transmissions to our customers’ specifications. ODG’s capabilities include the latest in CNC Gear Cutting, CNC machining, Gear Shaving, Broaching and Key-Seating.
The Program Manager is responsible for the management and profitability of assigned projects, to grow and maximize the value earned from customers.
The Program Manager handles commercial matters involving contract, cost, schedule and oversees technical long-term development of products and services.
- Improve performance of company in delivering value to customers.
- Estimating, preparation of proposals, and sales.
- Review customer contract, drawings, and specifications, and proposal at start of job.
- Organize and chair internal and customer kickoff meetings and publish minutes.
- Develop detailed schedules for and with Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Subcontractors, to ensure coordination and timely project completion.
- Focus on capacity measures i.e. defining volumes and lead times, creating a monthly projection and forecast
- Create a quality assurance plan and manage inspection program.
- Handle all commercial matters affecting contract, cost, or schedule.
- Review progress with responsible parties as often as required to attain schedule.
- Review and confirm that designs are as proposed and satisfy the contract.
- Submit progress reports to the customer, including updated schedule as needed.
- Monitor and control budget allocations, inventory, schedules, and forecasting of cost deviations.
- Process change requests and change notices.
- Negotiate and write subcontracts, and Purchase Requisitions.
- Monitor subcontracts with Purchasing for compliance with schedules, specifications, and terms.
- Coordinate project start up and commissioning for customer acceptance.
- Confirm customer satisfaction with system performance.
- Prepare listing and proposal for the sale of spare parts.
- Coordinate customer training.
- Manage A/R by liaising with internal team and be accountable for customer collections.
- Settle non-conformance and warranty claims.
- Ensure that all work is completed in compliance with quality, safety, and environmental standards, and the work instructions.
- Work in compliance with Health & Safety regulations and ensure team members are following policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma from an accredited institution in Project Management or equivalent work experience in a related field.
Equipment: Standard office equipment
Software: Microsoft programs, Internet, ERP (Syspro)
Work Experience Requirements:
- Five (5+) years progressive responsibility in managing Programs; Product Design, Manufacturing, Installation and Application.
Job Related Experience Required:
- Cost accounting, contracts, project management
- Project engineering, estimating, scheduling, procurement, negotiating.
- Solid understanding of related mechanical systems and gear manufacturing
- Read and understand CAD drawings and blueprint reading.
- Profitability analysis [at a product level]
- Ability to create meaningful KPI’s.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Various environments including office, production areas.
- Normal office environment
- Minimal exposure to oil fumes in shop
- Ability to travel will be required.
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.