Start Date: Immediate
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited – Gear Division
ODG – Gear Division is a manufacturer of precision Gears, Shafts and Assemblies. We operate out of a 75,000 sq ft facility in New Hamburg, Ontario. ODG offers a climate-controlled environment, attractive benefits packages, and educational assistance for employees.
Join our Team.
ODG – Gear Division is currently recruiting a Material Handler to join our operations department. The successful candidate is someone who has experience operating a reach truck and has previous experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Provide production floor daily material needs.
- Prepare containers, crates, wire baskets, empty dunnage and other material handling goods to be used in production.
- Oversee organization of plant floor of raw material and WIP
- Inspect and verify incoming goods are identified, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Pack goods to be shipped.
- Unpack, and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Move and assist with any other product needs on the production floor.
Education required: OSSD or equivalent.
Work Experience Requirements: Must have 1-2 years’ experience in the same/similar role preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Job related experience required:
- Must have reach truck experience.
- Experience in receiving; labelling, timely parts delivery to the production floor.
- Experience in pulling parts, packing, and shipment paperwork.
- Effective verbal and written communications; concise report development; current office computer knowledge.
Equipment: Standard office equipment
Software: Microsoft programs, Internet
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Hamburg, ON N3A 2J1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity.