Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Gear Division
Perform preventative and maintenance work on equipment such as CNC machinery, gear cutting machines, industrial machinery and general building maintenance. The incumbent will also maintain machines and equipment to operate at peak performance.
• Participating in the Preventative/Maintenance program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines
• Performing preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
• Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routines maintenance work on machinery.
• Cleaning of machine sumps and oil tanks.
• Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts
• Identifying potential safety problems and adjusting as necessary.
• Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
• Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of preventive maintenance scheduled.
• Providing feedback to both production and maintenance associates to improve the machine maintenance program.
• Work from drawings, manufacturing information, written and verbal instruction.
• Maintaining equipment/maintenance boards as required
• Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
• Performing weekly and monthly maintenance on machines
• High School Education (OSSD) or equivalent
Other Education/Certification/Training Preferred
• Proven experience as a Maintenance Technician
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing methods and shop practices
• Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems
• Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
Job Related Experience Required
• Great with time management, extremely organized
• Problem solving, decision making critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
• Be available to perform essential urgent work after regular working hours.
• Work in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company Health and Safety policies and procedures; promote a safety culture.
• Integrity and Accountability
• Motivation and Empowerment
• Developing Talent
• Driving Results
• Long periods of standing
• Repetitive Motions
• Physical ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
There is a low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odours, dust, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply directly to HR@odg.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity