Reports To: Shift Supervisor/Lead Hand
Location: Gear Division 3551 Bleams Road, New Hamburg
Shift: Nights 10:00PM – 6:20AM
Execute assigned tasks to expected standards in a reasonable time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and the time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. Ontario Drive & Gear Limited maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
• General labour
• Some machine operating involved
• Roll checking
• Transport of Parts
• Parts Sorting
• High volume/fast pace
• Some measuring of parts involved
• Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education required: OSSD
Work Experience Requirements:
• Integrity and Accountability
• Driving Results
• Team Player
Other Job Requirements:
- Outstanding communication skills is a must have.
- Great with time management, extremely organized
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Discretion and integrity are required in safeguarding confidential matters such as pricing, costing, customer business practices, product books, and corporate direction and policy.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Repetitive Motions
There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. Very oily work environment.
Interested candidates should apply directly to HR@odg.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity