Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited – Gear Division
ODG – Gear Division is a manufacturer of precision Gears, Shafts and Assemblies. We operate out of a 75,000 sq ft facility in New Hamburg, Ontario. ODG offers a climate-controlled environment, attractive benefits packages, and educational assistance for employees.
Join our Team.
ODG – Gear Division is currently recruiting a CNC Machine Operator with an emphasis on Milling to join our operations department. A successful candidate is someone who is able to read blueprints, use manual and digital measuring tools (micrometers, calipers) and perform set ups and tool off sets independently.
- Manufacture parts as per work instructions (blueprints and inspection sheets).
- Knowledge of machine controls and functions.
- Able to Perform Machine set-ups.
- Make tool offset and part adjustments to meet quality requirements.
- Perform Quality checks / Complete first off inspection and in process checks using measuring equipment provided (calipers and micrometers).
- Identify nonconforming parts and follow proper reporting procedures.
- Understands CMM / Quality reports.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good math skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good attendance record
- Positive attitude
- Team oriented
- Knowledge of machine controls in assigned area
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Pension matching after one year
- Group Health and Wellness Benefits
- Innovative Company Culture
- Adaptive and Responsive Leadership
- Dedication to Positive Change
- Commitment to Social Responsibility
- Climate Controlled Manufacturing Environment
What You Bring:
- Desire to challenge yourself and succeed
- Creative thinking and attention to detail
- Commitment to continual improvement
- Health and Safety focused attitude
- Skills and competencies suited to a high energy and fast paced environment
Educational and Work Experience Requirements:
- OSSD or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience operating CNC Machining equipment
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Bending from floor to waist
- Reach/stretch below shoulder
- Lift/carry below shoulder, up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull below shoulder
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity.