Reports to: Shift Supervisor
- Set-up and run production on CNC gear Cutting and Shaping machines
- Set up and operate CNC gear cutting machines.
- Knowledge of gear operations (Shaping and Hobbing)
- Knowledge of machining practices and understands most basic machine codes and functions.
- Identifies nonconformances and follows proper reporting procedures.
- Make most tool offset adjustments and performs Quality checks.
- Measures and completes first-off and in-process inspections to maintain accuracy.
- Complete/update white boards hourly and operate Andon lights as per instructions and escalation procedures.
- Participates in set up sheet and standards updates.
- Correctly logs labor posting time and quantities daily.
- Maintain clean work area following 5S guidelines.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Minimum of a High School Diploma (OSSD)
Other Education/Certification/Training: Certified General Machinist or Tool and Die, CNC program reading, GD&T
Physical Requirements: Manufacturing environment, physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
- Standing / Walking
- Repetitive Motions
- Reaching / Bending
- Lifting up to twenty (20) kg
- Use of lifting devices.
Equipment: Knowledge of Leibherr, Koepfer, Klingenberg P40 and P65 will be considered an asset.
Software: Knowledge of Siemens and machine specific software will be considered an asset.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience on a gear cutting machine and specific knowledge of accepted machining processes with respect to gear shaping and hobbing.
- Knowledge of Gear nomenclature and Gear analyzer charts (K charts).
- Critical thinking skills
- Independent troubleshooting skills
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity