Reports To: Shift Supervisor
ODG is a manufacturer of precision Gears, Shafts, and Assemblies operating out of a 75,000 sq ft facility in New Hamburg, Ontario. ODG offers a climate-controlled environment, attractive benefits package, and educational assistance for employees.
About the job:
ODG is looking for motivated individuals who can setup and run production on a CNC Lathe. The incumbent will demonstrate experience machining components to tight tolerances in a low volume, high mix job shop environment.
- Work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Operate CNC Lathe effectively
- Manufacture parts as per work instructions
- Make tool offset and part adjustments to meet quality requirements
- Perform Quality checks / Complete first off inspection, using metrology equipment provided
- Identify nonconforming parts and follow proper reporting procedures
- Maintain clean work area following 5S guidelines
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good math skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good attendance record
- Positive attitude
- Team oriented
- Knowledge of machine controls in assigned area
Employees who do not possess the requirements for the job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required, as agreed upon with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Pension matching after one year
- Group Health and Wellness Benefits
- Innovative Company Culture
- Adaptive and Responsive Leadership
- Dedication to Positive Change
- Commitment to Social Responsibility
- Climate Controlled Manufacturing Environment
What You Bring
- Desire to challenge yourself and succeed
- Creative thinking and attention to detail
- Commitment to continual improvement
- Health and Safety focused attitude
- Skills and competencies suited to a high energy and fast paced environment
Educational and Work Experience Requirements:
- OSSD or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience operating CNC Machining equipment
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Bending from floor to waist
- Reach/stretch below shoulder
- Lift/carry below shoulder, up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull below shoulder
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity
Interested candidates should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the linked application form and forward along with resume to:
3551 Bleams Road
New Hamburg, ON N3A 2J1
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.