- Reports To: Director of Materials
- Shift: Days
- Start Date: Immediate
The Buyer in this role is responsible for coordinating the outsourcing of production jobs that require a process to be performed by a subcontracted company. The incumbent will identify the external material needs of the business, source out suppliers, negotiate prices and arrange for the purchase and delivery of the product.
- Serve as a liaison between ODG and its subcontractors to ensure that jobs are sent out and received on time to support production goals.
- Assist in obtaining quotes for parts and processes necessary for new and upcoming jobs.
- Develop relationships with key personnel in the customer base and specified key accounts
- Demonstrate products to prospects and conduct techno-commercial presentations for customer groups to project favorable impact for ODG & its products
- Act on weekly demands for materials and maintain and issue orders
- Analyze current inventory and develop a reduction strategy
- Assist in developing strategies to promote profitable Company sales growth
- Identify key areas of opportunity by reviewing customers, competitors and trends
- Attend company sales meetings, product exhibitions, district sales meetings and training workshops, and participate in these events as requested/required
- Build, develop and achieve territory growth plans and targets
- Maintain supplier bids, supplier quotes, contract expiry dates, and customer bids
- Perform cold calls and grow new account sales
- Analyze the potential within the geographic area of your territory, and prepare sales plans accordingly
- Provide information to potential customers on product uses and applications
- Meet with representatives from subcontractors to address performance, pricing and any other concerns
- Maintain daily supplier relationships to support customer requirements and ODG schedules.
- Manage the daily Purchasing and Supply Chain requirements by reviewing, developing and measuring qualified suppliers
- Identify, evaluate and contract with new suppliers and maintain relationships with existing suppliers for materials relative to production
- Identify opportunities for improvement on material costs, quality and supply chain reliability.
- Work with department supervisors to ensure production and non-production requirements are met
- Work with the Engineering team to identify materials for new projects and prototypes
- Work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Excellent time management skills: The ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Strong verbal communication skills: The ability to lead meetings, facilitate discussions and influence people to find compromise
- Strong written communication skills: The ability to produce formal presentations and reports for customers and internal stakeholders
- Systematic and objective approach to problem-solving
- Ability to occasionally travel to visit customers
- Excellent knowledge of Purchasing concepts
- The ability to understand and utilize professional selling skills
- Two (2) years of specific gear/transmission experience is an asset
Educational and Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of College Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or any related program.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Two (2) years’ experience in a Sales or Marketing role in the manufacturing industry role preferred
Interested Candidates should apply directly to email@example.com
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Committed to Employment Equity