- Understanding of and ability to apply documented departmental Quality Assurance procedures & instructions, as well as company-wide policies and procedures.
- Assist with the inspection of incoming materials to print, PO & other specified documents.
- Perform daily work in process, first article and first piece inspections of production parts for dimensional and cosmetic characteristics.
- Inspect outgoing sampling lots of finished product for compliance to specifications and approve release for shipment.
- Perform specific customer outgoing inspection measurements and reports.
- Control, inspect, adjust, maintain and measure all internal metrology tools and arrange for outsourcing of critical metrology tools as required. Includes verifying accuracy of measuring instruments such as height gages, Vernier’s, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc. against master gages. Inspect for wear, warping, and other defects.
- Maintain files and documentation to support Quality activities.
- Compute unspecified angles, radii, and other dimensions using shop mathematics and basic algebra, geometry and trig functions.
- Assist Quality, Engineering & Production in solving product quality problems; determine deviations from qualitative & report findings via verbal & written reports.
- Guide machining personnel as needed in understanding and performing simple inspection measurements.
- Interpreting basic CAD models and drawings.
- Utilize ODG systems (Syspro, uniPoint, etc.) as required to accomplish activities outlined above.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Currently working toward a Bachelor of Applied Technology or Engineering, Ontario College Graduate Certificate, or Ontario College Diploma; with two or more years of metrology focused schooling.
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred:
Completion of elective courses in a Quality discipline would be ideal. Metallurgical background or interest would be an asset. ASQ CQI is an asset.
Work Experience Requirements:
Two or more years of hands-on metrology or physical dimensioning experience. Must be very comfortable interpreting blueprints and a background and/or educational experience in metal, machining is highly desirable. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing philosophies is helpful.
- Equipment: Familiar with Mitutoyo CMM and the use of measuring devices.
- Software: CAD
- Integrity and Accountability
- Motivation & Empowerment
- Driving Results
Other Job Requirements:
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills with all levels of management.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills and professional interpersonal skills.
- Great with time management, extremely organized
- Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Need strong computer skills.
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Discretion and integrity are required in safeguarding confidential matters such as pricing, costing, customer business practices, product books, and corporate direction and policy.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety policies and procedures; promotes a safety culture.
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Office environment, limited physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
- Repetitive Motions
- Occasionally, may need to lift heavy (~50 lbs.) parts
Although there is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions. There may be situations where alcohol fumes may be bothersome if part cleaning is a requirement.
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Interested candidates should apply
directly to email@example.com
Committed to Employment Equity