To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility listed below satisfactorily. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study job orders or interpret blueprints to determine machining operations to be performed;
- Set up and operate machining tolls to perform repetitive machining operations, such as turning, milling, drilling, boring, planning, honing, broaching, grinding or other machining operations;
- May enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the tool path for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools;
- Load and unload stock;
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments;
- Perform first-off and in-process inspection;
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery;
- Maintain clean work space;
- Is required to work in compliance with Health and Safety rules and regulations;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Critical thinking skills
- Independent troubleshooting skills
Other Job Requirements:
- Good communication skills is a must-have
- Demonstrate experience in the craft
- Great with time management, must hit standard or notify when problems arise
- Ability to self-motivate
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available factts, constraints and probable consequences
- Discretion and integrity
- Work in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations as well as Company health and safety procedures; promotes a safety culture
- Effectively managing one's time and resource sto ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Maintain a cleanr and organized work environment
Manufacturing evnironment, physical demands. Physical activities of the job include:
- Repetitive Motions
- Lifting up to 20 kg
- Use of lifting devices
There is low risk of exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, lighting extremes or any other adverse working conditions.
Interested candidates should apply
directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Drive & Gear Limited is committed to complying with Employment Equity, Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Human Rights Code throughout the entire employment cycle.
If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.